The release of SAP Business ByDesign 1608 brought with it many changes and improvements, and you may not be taking full advantage of them.
In this blog, we’ll tell you all you need to know to about the changes that have occurred during the SAP 1608 update.
Friday, December 16, 2016
Monday, December 12, 2016
“Organizations considering or pursuing the implementation of in-memory database technologies would be wise to investigate SAP HANA and VMware vSphere virtualized solutions.” Charles King, Principal Analyst, Pund-IT, Inc.
Despite the well established benefits and values of virtualizing SAP HANA on VMware vSphere, we continually run into a number of urban myths. Charles King, Principal Analyst at Pund-IT, Inc. debunks 10 such myths covering sizing, consolidation, architecture, compatibility and more in this whitepaper. Download whitepaper here
Sunday, December 11, 2016
Tags: Genie Press
Saturday, December 10, 2016
SAP GBT is SAP’s enterprise solution for providing for the GMP requirements around batch management:
- Manufacturing and Distribution records are enabled to capture a complete history of a batch. These records must be in a comprehensible and accessible form
- A system is in place that allows for the recalling of any drug from sale or supply
Simply put, it is an enterprise repository of the complete history of batch transaction records that allows for easy querying in order to produce distribution records for the purpose of targeted recalls and holds.
Friday, December 9, 2016
What does the future of business look like? In an informative talk, Philip Evans gives a quick primer on two long-standing theories in strategy — and explains why he thinks they are essentially invalid.
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Friday, December 2, 2016
The Future Of Work Is Now: "Far beyond collaboration, the digitization of work determines how we work and engage people. Technologies – such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, analytics, and cloud technologies – change the way we recruit, develop talent, and make our workforce more inclusive. They also introduce new jobs, largely with different skill set requirements. Some of the most-wanted jobs today did not exist five years ago – and many jobs we wouldn’t even imagine today will arise in the near future. Our workplace is changing at light speed.
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Have you ever wondered how the "magic" is created for the famous Cirque du Soleil® performances? Around the latest SAP Design Talk, SAP TV's Thomas Leonhardi talked to Boris Verkhovsky, Director of Design and Performance Development. Boris reveals insights on the conception and design of the shows.
Thursday, November 24, 2016
Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Enterprises are embracing the digital workplace where there is a need for a superior unified communications experience and tools to provide granular quality of service (QoS), end-to-end call visibility and quality metrics through a single pane of glass. With the Microsoft Skype for Business SDN integration, HPE Aruba provides an end-to-end visibility and troubleshooting capabilities into your wired and wireless network. This guide discusses how to deploy on-premise and online Skype for Business in large campus and distributed enterprise environments. It also covers how HPE Aruba Network Management platform provides wireless LAN (WLAN) RF planning and best design practices, QoS guidelines, and multi-site deployments.
Tags: Skype for Business
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
SPS01 strengthens Release Management Workbench, expands support for SAP S/4 HANA,
and deepens integration with the Salt custom code database
Melbourne, AU - November 15, 2016 – Revelation Software Concepts Pty Ltd (RSC), a pioneer and market leader in simplifying SAP change control, today announced the release of their first major enhancement (SPS01) to version 7 of their flagship SAP change control automation software, Rev-Trac. The SPS01 update includes many features that strengthen Rev-Trac 7’s Release Management Workbench, supports all aspects of SAP S/4 HANA change management and further leverages the custom code database of RSC’s Salt SAP change intelligence software.
“This service pack provides important foundational improvements to Rev-Trac’s popular Release Management Workbench, but it’s Rev-Trac’s expanded integration with Salt’s custom code database that excites our Rev-Trac customers,” said David Drake, RSC Founder and CEO.
“The current release introduces Peripheral Object Dependency Checking and includes API integration points for further Salt and Rev-Trac Java integrated enhancements we’ll make available in the foreseeable future.”
- Updates to the Release Management Workbench focus specifically on release and change status synchronization, and adds the capability of synchronizing any request type including non-SAP requests.
- Request level explicit dependencies will allow for an organization to define the sequence of migration for entire Rev-Trac change requests, treating each of their subordinate transports as a group that can be sequentially controlled.
- Source-specific cloning allows a single request to manage the replication and retrofit of changes to multiple applications, using a single Rev-Trac clone request.
- SPS01 expands Rev-Trac’s SAP S/4 HANA support by including both native and non-native (non-ABAP) changes.
- As the first in a series of Rev-Trac features improving the integrity of changes delivered across multiple complex or hybrid SAP landscapes, the new Peripheral Object Dependency Check, or POD Check, helps teams avoid problematical outcomes from moving changes or releases forward without required dependent object versions.