The SAP purpose is stated as follows: "SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS) automates global trade processes and enables you to manage large numbers of business partners, and high volumes of documents while also helping you to comply with changing legal regulations. It facilitates gloabl trade by providing you with the tools you require to respond to governments modernizing their systems and to customs authorities communicating electronically with businesses.
SAP GTS also helps you to avoid costly delays in your import and export processes and allows you to respond quickly to global business opportunities while mitigating financial risks."
SAP GTS has the following high level features:
- Sanctioned party list screening
- Export and Import legal control
Customs Management, Processing and Communications
- Transit procedures
- Trade document printing
- Restitution handling
- Preference processing
Best Practices for SAP GTS
SAP Global Trade Services helps companies manage all complexities of international trade including full regulatory compliance, interactions with customs and management of risk while trading on a global basis.
The SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS) packaged composite application is built on the SAP NetWeaver platform, an open and scalable technology platform. SAP GTS consists of separate modular components: SAP Compliance Management, SAP Customs Management, and SAP Risk Management. These components give businesses a competitive advantage by helping them speed import and export processes, mitigate risks, and comply with international regulations.
- SAP Compliance Management -- Manages international trade compliance issues in three primary areas: sanctioned party list screening, license management, and embargo checking
- SAP Customs Management -- Facilitates interactions between your enterprise and customs agencies, driving the efficient movement of goods and information across international borders
- SAP Risk Management -- Provides mechanisms to ensure that all parties involved in cross-border trade meet their contractual obligations and helps mitigate financial risks while trading on a global basis
SAP Best Practices for High Tech offers a preconfigured scenario for each of these three components.
- H94: SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) - Compliance Management
- H42: Configuration SAP GTS
- H96: SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) - Risk Management
- H95: SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) - Customs Management