Sunday, May 31, 2015
Saturday, May 30, 2015
SOLUTION: Simply use SE38 or SA38 to execute program RSFUNCTIONBUILDER. This brings up a very similar screen to SE37 as shown below, where you can then proceed to test out your function module
Friday, May 29, 2015
- Create and save a TXT file with the following text:
[Function] Command=/H Type=SystemCommand
- Execute the program and when the popup happens you can drag and drop the TXT file on to the popup window in SAP. Continuing will launch you in to the debugger
Thursday, May 28, 2015
|BATCH||CHAR||1||Background processing||Program runs in the background|
|BINPT||CHAR||1||Batch input||Program runs under batch input|
To accomplish it follow the following steps.
"When it comes to reporting out of Dynamics GP, there is a veritable smorgasbord of options available to you, the end user. Although it may be tempting to opt to use Microsoft’s Management Reporter 2012 as it comes bundled with your GP license, Management Reporter may not be the best option depending on your or your organization’s individual needs."Read the full blog here
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Monday, May 25, 2015
- I like to use Workflow to manage the creation of master data to ensure proactive maintenance of master data views - i.e. When a customer is created and it's missing the sales or finance view then send a work item to the sales or finance team in order to have them create it. The workflow is only terminated once the view has been created. Businesses that need to follow a compliance process often use this technique and have the QA team be the last in the process to release the master data object for general use.
Sunday, May 24, 2015
|Protecting a Variant|
Saturday, May 23, 2015
- BUS0015 Profit center
- BUS1001 Materials (industry)
- BUS1001001 Materials (retail)
- BUS1006 Business Partner
- BUS1133 Rental units
- BUS1178001 Mass Maintenance Mat
- BUS2012 Purchase orders
- BUS2013 Purch. Sched. Agrmt
- BUS2014 Purchase Contract
- BUS2031 Customer Quotation
- BUS2032 Sales orders
- BUS2034 Customer Contract
- BUS2104 Appropriation Req.
- BUS2105 Purchase Requisition
- BUS3003 Purchasing Info Rec.
- BUS3006 G/L Account
- CA_CONTACC Contract Account
- FORCE_LS ForceEl (Log. Syst.)
- KNA1 Customers
- LFA1 Vendors
Friday, May 22, 2015
Counterfeit Botox may have been distributed to doctors' offices and medical clinics across the United States, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warns.
The bogus Botox -- which is considered unsafe and should not be used -- was sold by an unlicensed supplier not authorized to ship or distribute drug products in the United States, the FDA said in a news release.
Packaging similarities between the fakes and the FDA-approved Botox, which is made by Allergan (100 units/vial), could cause health care professionals to mistake one for the other.
Approved Botox displays the active ingredient as "OnabotulinumtoxinA" on the outer carton and vial, the FDA said.
The outer carton of the counterfeit version says the active ingredient is "Botulinum Toxin Type A" instead of "OnabotulinumtoxinA," according to the agency.
The FDA said the counterfeit product also can be identified in other ways. For instance, the vial is missing the lot number.
MacroPoint, creators of patented freight tracking software designed to give 3rd party visibility into load status, today announced that NFI, a fully integrated supply chain solutions provider, has implemented its solution to enhance load tracking capabilities within its brokerage service offering.
“We chose MacroPoint to fill a gap in the track and trace function of our business,” said David Broering, SVP, Integrated Solutions at NFI. “MacroPoint gives us another tool to use to provide our carrier partners with options for updating us with the location of the loads they’re hauling. With MacroPoint we will also be able to track more loads with the same number of people, allowing us to scale our business faster without having to incur additional overhead costs.”
NFI, headquartered in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, is a privately held company that provides dedicated transportation, warehousing, intermodal, brokerage, transportation management, global, real estate, and trailer storage services. The more than $1.1 billion operation has 25 million square feet of warehouse and distribution space and a company-owned fleet of over 2,000 tractors and 8,200 trailers, operated by more than 2,600 company drivers and 250 owner operators.Activated on the mobile phones of drivers hired by NFI’s carrier partners, MacroPoint’s location tracking software provides load status and location visibility. With MacroPoint, the company now has real-time location tracking, on-time delivery monitoring, and arrival/departure notifications, eliminating the need for third parties to check in to receive load status reports.
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Direct call of transactions, session handling:
- /nxxxx -Terminates the current transaction, and call transaction “xxxx” - E.g. /nVA02 calls transaction VA02 in the current session This terminates the transaction. This generally corresponds to going back with F15.
- /n -Terminates the current transaction and returns to the SAP menu
- /nend - Terminates all separate sessions and logs off (corresponds to “System -> Log off”)
ISSUE: We have the need to change a value in a table that is not open for maintenance. PS: You should only use this technique in a dev / test environment. Also, if it does not work in your system then the functionality has been deactivated (refer to OSS note 1420281)
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
- Profile: Authorization profile you need to add
- User: User to add the profile to
- Action: I = Insert, D = Delete
- Perform checks = <blank>
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
SD-SLS-SO - Sales Order
Monday, May 18, 2015
Sunday, May 17, 2015
Saturday, May 16, 2015
Friday, May 15, 2015
In this blog posting I highlight the key fields in VBUP and VBUK that I commonly use in the OTC process.
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Monday, May 11, 2015
In my 1st blog on use cases for SAP EM we took you through some of the use case for SAP TM, GTS and SNC as well as the highly popular Track and Trace where folks simply want to know, from their carriers or freight forwarders, that their goods are on time… In my 2nd blog on use case we described the ever popular OTC and PTP processes, being the most asked for processes to monitor...
With that been said below is a list of more processes that are making use of SAP EM to fill certain holes:
An excerpt from Dirk's article:
"Under the SNCM, manufacturers must apply a Unique Medicine Identifier (IUM) to all drug packages imported or sold into the Brazilian supply chain and trace them through the supply chain by December 11, 2016. By December 11 of 2015, manufacturers must apply the IUM to the packages of at least three lots of drugs and trace them to the dispensing points. And you thought compliance with the DSCSA was going to be hard to achieve!
Friday, May 8, 2015
Thursday, May 7, 2015
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
- See the 7 key fields used to determine which partner profile to select - See Image and relate to "Partner Profile Key" section 1-7 below
- Relating the EDI fields in the Partner profile to the EDI translation tool - See Image and relate to "EDI standard" section 1-3 below
With devices and gadgets being Internet, RFID and GPS enabled you can imagine there would be enough information to control every aspect of that device.
Monday, May 4, 2015
The term ‘product identifier’ means a standardized graphic that includes, in both human-readable form and on a machine-readable data carrier that conforms to the standards developed by a widely recognized international standards development organization, the standardized numerical identifier, lot number, and expiration date of the product.” (Section 581)
Sunday, May 3, 2015
Cross Application - Electronic Data Interchange Interface (CA-EDI)
- Certified EDI Subsystems - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/interface-certifications?rid=/webcontent/uuid/3e580672-0501-0010-8aab-8d61c461bbb1
- Search for certified EDI subsystems at http://www.sap.com/ecosystem/customers/directories/SearchSolution.epx
- Converting data
- Message or interchange handling
- Partner profile administration
- Process monitoring
Saturday, May 2, 2015
Friday, May 1, 2015
The text that is maintained in the Alert Category definition (tx: ALRTCATDEF) is either static or mapped in from the called system (e.g. SAP EM).
SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS) automates global trade processes and enables you to manage large numbers of business partners, and high volumes of documents while also helping you to comply with changing legal regulations.
It facilitates gloabl trade by providing you with the tools you require to respond to governments modernizing their systems and to customs authorities communicating electronically with businesses. - To read the full article Click Here