When you log in to SAP you can change the image on the right hand side but you can also make it an HTML page which provides for the opportunity to link to help files, SOPs, training documents, etc... Very useful... An example of displaying an HTML is shown in the screen-capture of our system below
To accomplish it follow the following steps.
- Transcation SMW0 – Create and import the desired image using radio button “Binary Data For WebRFC applilcations” e.g. in “.GIF” format.
- Transaction SM30 – Table SSM_CUST – Enter a record with the picture name in the key “START_IMAGE“ as shown below
- If you wish to resize the image – Transaction SM30 – Table SSM_CUST – Key “RESIZE_IMAGE" = "YES"
- To hide the image – Transaction SM30 – Table SSM_CUST – Key “HIDE_START_IMAGE“ = "YES"
- Create and publish an HTML compliant file. I created one and stored it at http://www.genieholdings.com/images/index.htm
Transaction SM30 – Table SSM_CUST – Enter a record with the URL created above in the key “SESS_URL“ as shown below
The desired URL is now displayed when you log in as shown at the top of this post.