ISSUE: We have the need to change a value in a table that is not open for maintenance. PS: You should only use this technique in a dev / test environment. Also, if it does not work in your system then the functionality has been deactivated (refer to OSS note 1420281)
- Start transaction SE16N (key to use SE16N and not SE16)
- Enter the table name (e.g. VBAK) and hit enter
- Type &sap_edit in the command bar and hit enter as shown below
SE16N table editing
- A message "SAP editing function is activated" is shown at the bottom of the screen
- Enter your selection criteria and execute
- The resulting list of entries is open for editing and saving - PROCEED with caution as no referential or application validation is checked in this method - i.e. You could mess things up pretty quickly if you get this wrong!!!