"SAP has released S/4HANA 1610, the latest enhancement to its ERP business suite.
The new release offers prediction and pattern recognition capabilities, and machine learning. The aim is to reduce exception management for more routine transactions so users can focus on higher-value tasks.
The following supply chain enhancements are included in the new release:
- Advanced available to promise offers newly enhanced capabilities to manage supply allocations at multiple levels of real-time ATP order confirmation. S/4HANA 1610 also now has back-order processing and interactive rescheduling methodology to help manage tasks based on customer priority.
- Inventory management to improve inventory visibility and to track slow-moving items, monitor shelf life and provide real-time status updates of items in transit.
- Material requirement planning , which includes natively deployed embedded production planning and detailed scheduling.
- Extended warehouse management is embedded to simplify adoption of advanced warehousing capabilities without the need to integrate a separate system. The EWM app can be used in both embedded and stand-alone deployments.
- Environment, health and safety management uses real-time data intended to support EHS practitioners in managing operational risk, worker safety and compliance, with integrated solutions for incident management, chemical management, operational risk assessments, industrial hygiene/exposure monitoring, regulatory compliance and emissions management.