Monday, July 17, 2017
Long before you "need" to find a new consulting gig you should consider expanding your own personal consulting "brand". When companies look for new talent they begin by searching the web based on key words they are looking for. "Expert SAP Erchitect" or "Experienced ABAPER" or "French speaking project manager". In order to be found you have to be out there... start building your visibility through personal branding, and let us, here at ERPGenie.COM help you! Contribute to our blog and start the journey towards winning the next gig... Contact us here to get started - http://www.erpgenie.com/p/contact.html?m=1
Read the article here on some pretty serious stuff going on in SA. Pleased to see the response taken by SAP HQ. https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/07/17/sap_probe_south_africa/
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
FRANKFURT, Germany, July 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) launched several new Internet of Things (IoT) solutions at SAP® Leonardo Live, its global summit being held July 11–12 in Frankfurt, Germany, to showcase the latest technology and use cases for innovation, including the IoT. Part of the SAP Leonardo digital innovation system, these IoT solutions take advantage of advances in Big Data and analytics, the ability to connect people, things and business with SAP Cloud Platform, and technologies such as machine learning to enable IoT and Industry 4.0 strategies across digital logistics, manufacturing and asset management.
The new solutions include:
- SAP Leonardo IoT Bridge, a configurable role-based digital command center giving operations managers unprecedented visibility and ability to act in real time
- SAP Global Track and Trace, a cloud-based offering for unified, end-to-end tracking, monitoring and reporting of objects and business processes across supply chain networks
- SAP Leonardo IoT Edge software to bring compute, storage and business semantics via the cloud to where intelligent devices reside outside of the data center, for near real-time and deterministic performance of business processes
- SAP Digital Manufacturing Insights, a centralized, cloud-based manufacturing performance management solution that provides comprehensive visibility into manufacturing that enables process optimization
- SAP Asset Manager, a cloud-based mobile app for managing asset health, inventory, maintenance and safety
"Less than one year ago, we announced our commitment to invest and grow our IoT business," said Dr. Tanja Rueckert, president, IoT and Digital Supply Chain, SAP. "With SAP Leonardo as our digital innovation system, our new solutions and the many customers and partners demonstrating real-life use cases with us at SAP Leonardo Live, we are defining the path to digital transformation with innovation that can scale across the entire organization." Read full news release on PR Newswire
Thursday, July 6, 2017
The following areas are well covered by SAP solutions (click here for details):
- Digital Customer Engagement
- Contextual Marketing
- Smarter Selling
- Digital Experience and Commerce
- Online and Mobile Banking
- Retail Banking Operations
- Retail Deposits
- Retail Lending
- Centralized Payment Processing
- Commercial Banking Operations
- Cash and Liquidity Management
- Commercial Lending
- Financial Services Network
- Capital Markets Operations
- Cross-Asset Trading
- Capital Markets Treasury Management
- Analytical Banking
- Accounting for Financial Instruments
- Performance Management
- Risk Management
- Data Management for Finance and Risk
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Accounting and Financial Close
- Treasury Management
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance for Finance
- Payables and Receivables
- Real Estate Management
- Travel and Expense
Monday, July 3, 2017
Five years ago, SAP made a major addition to its human capital management portfolio by buying SuccessFactors, one of the biggest vendors of HCM software as a service. But with human resource features starting to appear in SAP's next-generation ERP system, S/4HANA, what's the right SAP HR module to buy?
In a podcast, TechTarget contributor Luke Marson, who co-founded a consultancy that specializes in SuccessFactors implementations, offers advice on choosing an SAP HR module.
"If you're looking for core HR with S/4HANA, Employee Central would be the HR system you would look at," Marson says. "They're designed to integrate together and work together, and that's the long-term roadmap for SAP."
The choice is different, however, for organizations that are already running the on-premises SAP HR module, SAP HCM. They can still use S/4HANA with the on-premises HCM, he says.
Integration issues vary, too. Marson says the integration tools for sharing data between S/4HANA and Employee Central are better than those for Employee Central and SAP ERP (part of Business Suite, S/4HANA's predecessor). In contrast, the on-premises SAP HR module and finance module are "very tightly coupled," and run in the same software instance.
Saturday, July 1, 2017
We would like to bring your attention to a portal that shares a lot of good information on Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), a technology that has long been thought of as "dying" but is actually growing in its adoption.
Check it out for free mapping templates, links to standards, recruiters, service companies and much more...