[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
ERPGenie.com • View topic - ERROR: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

ERROR: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

Web Application Server (WAS, ITS)

Moderators: Snowy, kjw1969, oldsapguru, zz

ERROR: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

Postby erika on Fri May 05, 2006 5:30 am

Hi Everybody,

I am installing Solution Manager on SQL Server (windows 2003). Central Instance is already installed. Dduring the Database Instance Installation Phase DataBase Load I have got an error :

sapparam: sapargv( argc, argv) has not been called.
sapparam(1c): No Profile used.
sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline
ERROR 2006-05-05 13:14:58 [iaxxbdbld.cpp:1001]
CR3ldStep::startR3ldProcesses lib=iamodload module=CR3ldStep
MSC-01015 Process finished with error(s), check log file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\SOLMAN32\WEBAS_ABAP_MSS_UC\DB/SAPAPPL0.log

Some fragments of the Log-File SAPAPPL0.log :

IMP) INFO: InitFastLoad failed with <3: Can't fastload LOBs>(IMP) INFO: DBSL will be used(IMP) ERROR: DbSlExeModify/DbSlLobPutPiece failed
rc = 99, table "CRM_SVY_DB_SFA"
(SQL error 0)
error message returned by DbSl:
Invalid character value for cast specification.
(DB) INFO: DMC_TRNSPT deleted/truncated
(IMP) INFO: InitFastLoad failed with <3: Can't fastload LOBs>(IMP) INFO: DBSL will be used(IMP) ERROR: DbSlExeModify/DbSlLobPutPiece failed
rc = 21, table "DMC_TRNSPT"
(DB) INFO: SIXMLTST deleted/truncated
(IMP) INFO: InitFastLoad failed with <3: Can't fastload LOBs>(IMP) INFO: DBSL will be used(IMP) ERROR: DbSlExeModify/DbSlLobPutPiece failed
rc = 99, table "SIXMLTST"
(SQL error 0)
error message returned by DbSl:
Invalid character value for cast specification.
(DB) INFO: disconnected from DB

Could,please, anybody help me ?
Erika
SAP Basis Consultant
erika

Postby oldsapguru on Fri May 05, 2006 8:06 am

You can ignore this message:

sapparam: sapargv( argc, argv) has not been called.
sapparam(1c): No Profile used.
sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

Its been around ever since SAP began the TPPARAM to TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL transition. I'm sure one day SAP will clean it up.

It looks to me like you might have a bad SAPAPPL0 file. First, try copying the SAPAPPL0.STR, SAPAPPL0.001 and SAPAPPL0.TOC files fresh from the Export CD on which they reside.

Normally when a file is "bad", you get a CRC message but I have seen what what see in your log be the result of bad input files. Try this out and let us know!
Jo Spencer
Basis Manager
oldsapguru
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby erika on Fri May 05, 2006 1:04 pm

Thank You a lot for Your advice.
It means that I could copy these files from my Export CD to some installation folder, where they are located. :shock:

It is a pity that SAP delivers DVD's with software errors :?
Erika
SAP Basis Consultant
erika

Postby oldsapguru on Fri May 05, 2006 1:28 pm

It could just be a I/O error in your copy from DVD to hard disk. I always download the installation CDs from the SAP Marketplace fresh each time I install a new system.
Jo Spencer
Basis Manager
oldsapguru
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby erika on Fri May 05, 2006 2:06 pm

The problem is that I don't see SM 3.2 Installation DVD's on SAP Market Place with my OSS-User.
I don't know why I don't see them - we have DEMO licence. May be I should contact the SAP again. Last week we got a big box with many SAP DEMO System Installation DVD's from SAP.

SQL Server is very rarely used in Baltic States... And I can't borrow these DVD's.

First, I will try to copy from DVD's to hard disk one more time :P
Erika
SAP Basis Consultant
erika

Postby erika on Mon May 08, 2006 2:38 am

Sollution Manager 3.2 was installed sucessfully :)
The error was ( probably) wrong code page , finally I used default code page !

Thank You for help!
Erika
SAP Basis Consultant
erika

Postby erika on Mon May 08, 2006 4:38 am

Now I have installed SM 3.2. I needed it for the key and for other goals. Next step - I will install ERP 2004 Unicode on the same server as SM.

What are step for ERP installation:
1. SQL Server Installation ?????? ( but SQL Server is already installed on this server - may be I just should create another SQL-Instance ?????);
2. Central Instance Installation;
3. Database Instance installation ;

Sorry for stupid question, but I do it at first time ....

Thank You!
Erika
SAP Basis Consultant
erika

Postby oldsapguru on Mon May 08, 2006 7:26 am

Erika,

Download the ERP 2004 installation guide from http://service.sap.com/instguides. You can add a new MS SQL Server database to your existing MS SQL Server instance as long as SP4, HotFix 2040, and the collation repair fix have all been applied.
Jo Spencer
Basis Manager
oldsapguru
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby erika on Mon May 08, 2006 11:28 pm

Thank You!
Of course I have downloaded the ERP-Installation-Guide :) My question is - what steps should I make to create new SQL-Server Instance on existing SQL Server with Solution Manager SQL-Server Instance.

SP4 and latest hot fix are installed.
Should I just create new database in SQL Server Enterprise manager or anything else?

Could You describe the process step by step?
Erika
SAP Basis Consultant
erika

Return to WAS